The wonders of online reservation has not only spilled over to the world of purchasing movie tickets as well as seats for an upcoming play, but you can now reserve your next green vehicle purchase – the Renault Twizy which will be part of the electric car brigadge. This will be a two-seater all-electric micro car that will be released in Europe later this year, and there are two models available. The Twizy 45 will come with a 5-horsepower (4 kW) electric motor, while the Twizy will feature a 17-horsepower (13 kW) motor, available in Urban or Technic trims. Prices start from EUR6,990 for the Twizy 45, and that does not even include a battery as you will need to lease that from Renault for a monthly fee.
The Renault Twizy boasts of a compact tandem that lets the single passenger seat directly behind the driver, making it feel like a motorbike of sorts at times. The Twizy and Twizy 45 will feature a range of 100 km (62 miles) and is able to juice up from a standard 10 amp electrical outlet, requiring around 3.5 hours to do so. With a top speed capped at 45 km/h (28 mph), you’d best use this to get around the neighborhood – otherwise, forget about pulling off a Fast Five heist.
Interestingly enough, with the Twizy 45′s limited top speed, that would mean the vehicle might not require a license to drive it in select countries, targeting parents who want a safer and more comfortable transport option compared to a motorbike. Hey, at least it keeps you nice and dry whenever there is a tropical downpour, right?
Next Story: HTC Sensation 4G launching on June 8
- 2014-03-18 Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-02-07 Renault's Kwid Concept Car, With A Built-In Drone
- 2013-12-05 Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26 DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25 Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16 DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon
- 2010-04-20 Renault Fluence Z.E. sedan has swappable battery