Geekaphone released an infographic aimed at enlightening the public about the history of RIM and its BlackBerry devices. If you’ve always wanted to know why people love the device so much, you could hit it up for a crash course on the phone’s history. But here are some of the more interesting facts we picked out from the infographic:
- BlackBerry used to make up 52.4% of the smartphone market back in 2008. Last year, that figure dropped to 37.6%.
- Only 0.1% of non-business people care about BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- BlackBerry phones use 2/3 less data than other smartphones
- The US Government uses more than 500,000 BlackBerry phones
- RIM’s BlackBerry App World launched in April 2009, but it only has 25,000 apps compared to the App Store that has 370,000 apps and only launched about a year earlier in July 2008.
There’s a lot more BlackBerry trivia which you can pick up from the infographic, head over to Geekaphone to check it out.
- 2014-04-21: BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-28: White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online