Whispers are going around that Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, Tim Cook, has had a word with Samsung concerning the use of AMOLED displays in, yup, you’ve guessed it – Apple’s next generation iPad which we will call the iPad 3 for the moment. This is just a rumor, so take it with a pinch (or more) of salt, but one thing’s for sure – it won’t be released in time for a 2011 launch. Upon contacting a Samsung Mobile Display spokesperson, he mentioned that he did not hear a whiff of such discussions with Apple, so we will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Word has gotten around that Samsung Mobile Display did ramp up a 5.5 Gen AMOLED fab, but it seems that this fab is meant for only small AMOLED displays that will be used in smartphones. What do you think of the whole situation? Will an AMOLED display bring the iPad 3 to the forefront of the tablet industry? In the meantime, what is the top priority for you when it comes to selecting the right tablet?
Or would you simply prefer a super-high-resolution 9.7″ Retina display?
Next Story: Diffus Design offers solar panels on handbag
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]