Whispers are going around that Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, Tim Cook, has had a word with Samsung concerning the use of AMOLED displays in, yup, you’ve guessed it – Apple’s next generation iPad which we will call the iPad 3 for the moment. This is just a rumor, so take it with a pinch (or more) of salt, but one thing’s for sure – it won’t be released in time for a 2011 launch. Upon contacting a Samsung Mobile Display spokesperson, he mentioned that he did not hear a whiff of such discussions with Apple, so we will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Word has gotten around that Samsung Mobile Display did ramp up a 5.5 Gen AMOLED fab, but it seems that this fab is meant for only small AMOLED displays that will be used in smartphones. What do you think of the whole situation? Will an AMOLED display bring the iPad 3 to the forefront of the tablet industry? In the meantime, what is the top priority for you when it comes to selecting the right tablet?
Or would you simply prefer a super-high-resolution 9.7″ Retina display?RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Reportedly Turns To Samsung For iPad Mini Retina Display Production
- New iPad Mini Shortages Could Be Attributed To Sharp's Low Yield Of Displays [Rumor]
- Follow: AMOLED, iPad, ipad 3, ipad3, Samsung,
- Seen at: asianewsnet.net