Samsung has a couple more Galaxy Tab up their sleeves this year, with the 10.1 model having been unveiled at CTIA Wireless earlier this year, being powered by the latest tablet-specific Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system. Of course, you should not mistake this for the original and a whole lot fatter 10.1 tablet, since this model that has just arrived at the FCC measures a mere 8.6 mm thin. The device is also known by the model number GT-P7510, where it features a distinctive silver accent on the upper side of its back, alongside a camera lens and flash.
The FCC filings failed to make any mention of 3G support, so it could very well be the GT-P7510 being a Wi-Fi only model of the Galaxy Tab 10.1. We do keep our fingers crossed that this does not mean it will be gimped graphically compared to the 3G endowed version as with the current Galaxy Tab. Features of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 right now that are confirmed include a dual-core 1GHz processor, up to 32GB of internal memory, a 2-megapixel front facing camera, a 3-megapixel rear camera, a 6,860 mAh battery which ought to run for up to 10 hours (no idea on whose benchmark they based that figure on), support for 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and GPS support.
Out later this June 8th, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will retail for $500 for the 16GB version and $600 for the 32GB model if you’re interested in adding to your tablet collection.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2011-09-12: Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets FCC approval for T-Mobile
- 2011-08-03: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 delayed in Australia
- 2011-06-30: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 receives FCC approval
- 2011-06-20: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for AT&T arrives at the FCC
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 out this June 8th