Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 8.9 was first seen at CTIA Wireless earlier this year, where it came in the form of a glass protected dummy model. Well, the real deal has made an appearance in Germany during the weekend where everyone was greeted with news that the FBI’s most wanted criminal has been shot dead in Pakistan.
The tablet from South Korea debuted at Frankfurt, where it was a whole lot slimmer compared to the prototype model which was seen before that. Since it is slimmer than the iPad 2, it ought to be able to give Apple’s tablet a run for its money – considering the fact that Samsung would surely do its part to ensure that all the frailties of the Galaxy Tab’s predecessor has been ironed out before a release.
It is widely speculated that Samsung will be releasing the Galaxy Tab 8.9 sometime this summer, but nothing’s confirmed just yet. We will just have to wait and see whether the FCC has approved such a device before getting all excited like teenage girls spotting Justin Bieber. Of course, for those who cannot wait to get their hands on an Android Honeycomb-powered tablet, there is always the 10.1″ model that is ready for a roll out this month.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2011-11-14 Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE + Free Galaxy S2 Bundle
- 2011-09-28 iLuv announces a whole range of Samsung Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S2 accessories
- 2011-09-22 Galaxy Tab 8.9 unboxing caught on video
- 2011-06-30 Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 receives FCC approval
- 2011-05-24 Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 can be pre-ordered in Germany