Just like movies, phones these days tend to launch sequels, form part of a trilogy, or perhaps even move on to the fourth instalment (can you say On Stranger Tides, anyone?). Well, the same can be said for the Samsung Gravity T, where the original was actually a midrange phone that featured 3G connectivity, touted to be a great device for “Connected Socializers.” Fast forward to today and what do you get? A next generation Gravity phone that will arrive via T-Mobile, running on the Android operating system.
This is touted to be the “First Android device for the Gravity brand that is optimized for texting”, where your eyes will appreciate the 3.2″ display complete with a full slide out keyboard (nifty when you are in a rush to compose long emails, as that still works better than a touchscreen display for most people), a 3-megapixel camera and Android 2.2 Froyo. No idea on when T-Mobile will release the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for it, if ever, but at least we know that the Gravity Touch 2 (aka GT2) will be a formidable foe where mid-range Android smartphones are concerned.
Arriving this coming June 8th, you still have slightly more than a fortnight to save up for this puppy.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released