A new Samsung Android smartphone codenamed “Hercules” has recently surfaced in the rumor mills of This Is My Next. And judging by its specs alone, it seems fitting to be named after the Greek demigod. The phone will be a high-end device and will support Category 6 HSDPA (42Mbps) and Category 6 HSUPA (5.76Mbps) for blazing fast data over HSPA+.
The phone will pack a 4.5″ 480 x 800 Super AMOLED Plus display (similar to the Infuse 4G), Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box, a dual-core Qualcomm 1.2GHz APQ8060 SoC, NFC support, AWS plus 850/1900MHz compatibility that will let it work on both AT&T and T-Mobile’s networks in the event the merger goes through, a thickness of 0.37″, 16GB internal ROM, 1GB of RAM, and a microSD card slot (supports up to 32GB), an 8megapixel rear camera with flash and 1080p video capture, and a Micro USB port.
The phone is said to arrive on T-Mobile mid-August, and will have a price point of over $350. Sounds like an awesome phone to have. Though let’s wait for more details before we pass any judgment on the device. Any takers?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-11-22: T-Mobile to launch white Samsung Galaxy S2 hopefully in time for a white Christmas
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Exhibit 4G officially announced for T-Mobile
- 2011-05-16: Samsung "Hawk" – Exhibit 4G arriving on T-Mobile
- 2011-04-15: T-Mobile Sidekick 4G will have limited supplies at launch
- 2011-02-02: T-Mobile officially announces the Samsung Galaxy S 4G