Samsung has just introduced yet another avenue to help you convince your other half that there is nothing better than enjoying your favorite 3D movies right in the comfort of your own home on a Samsung 3D LED or 3D plasma TV – via the 3D on-demand streaming service that will debut in the US. Starting from today onwards, the “Explore 3D” app that can be accessed via a single click from Samsung’s SmartHub interface, will be able to open the door to dozens of pieces of free 3D content which will be streamed in high definition, where your eyes will enjoy a feast of trailers from DreamWorks Animation and other studios, music videos, educational content and full-length TV shows from Wealth TV.
As the calendar moves forward later this year, Explore 3D will also open up access to paid content that are available in streaming 3D, and this comprises of both feature films and shorts, in addition to full-length 3D documentaries. As long as your idiot box is a 2010 model or part of Samsung’s 2011 LED Smart 3D TVs and Plasma Smart 3D TVs, you’re good to go. Signing up is a snap since a new account can be accessed via any PC.
Do you see 3D streaming being the next big thing? [Press Release]
- 2013-10-24: New TiVo Feature Allows DVRs To Live Stream Content On iPhones, iPads
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store
- 2013-05-15: Time Warner Streaming TNT, TBS On Multiple Devices Starting This Summer
- 2013-05-13: Netflix Updates PlayStation 3 Player With Improvements To Audio, Trickplay Mode
- 2013-04-30: Nielsen Will Soon Launch Program That Counts Internet TV Viewers