When it comes to your tablet’s display, of course the size does play an important role in your purchase decision, but do bear in mind that bigger isn’t necessarily better – assuming the brightness, color saturation and of course, resolution, is not up to par. Having said that, Apple’s Retina Display technology on the iPhone 4 has proved to be quite a winner, but it has yet to see action on the iPad – giving Samsung the impetus to show off their new tablet-friendly LCD display that has a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels. No idea on whether the display itself will be utilized by Samsung itself, or will they produce it for Apple in the future.
This high resolution 10.1″ LCD display is set to be unveiled at an industry conference sometime next week, equalling to 300dpi while pulling away from the standard 1,024×768 resolution of the current iPad. For those who are more attentive, you would realize that this is also moer than capable of displaying 1,920 × 1,080 resolution required for 1080p video, letting you enjoy Full HD movies wherever you are.
Samsung also touts a better power efficient technology crammed into this new display which would go some way in boosting a device’s battery life. Samsung has stated that they are using its PenTile technology to lay out subpixels, having seen action in current devices such as the Nexus One Android phone, although Apple prefers panels that rely on in-plane switching (IPS) technology, so that could mean we won’t be seeing a Retina Display iPad anytime soon. If it ends up in newer Android-powered tablets, that could prove to be a winner when decision making is required before a consumer purchase.
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2012-07-30: Samsung P10 tablet in the works, has 2,560 x 1,600 pixel 11.8-inch display?
- 2012-01-02: Samsung starts manufacturing 7" AMOLED displays, tablets on the way?
- 2011-12-23: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way