The Motorola XOOM and its SD memory card slot feud goes on – with the tablet being shipped since February this year with a non-working SD memory card slot. This will clearly require a software update, but nothing official has been released for it just yet. Good news though – a bunch of independent developers have managed to discover a method and programmed a software update for the fix. A patch for the Android 3.0 operating system is used, and the same hacking enthusiasts over at XDA-Developers have managed to churn out a fix which will rely on the official Wi-Fi update in order to let the SD memory card slot work.
First of all, retrieve the software update from forum member publicanimal and follow the instructions posted as you apply the update. Just bear in mind that if you run any form of unofficial supported software could be a risk to your device, and make sure that you have a backup already just in case Murphy strikes. Anyone given it a go yet?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-10-06: Motorola Xoom Family Edition spotted at retail stores
- 2011-09-28: Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade available tomorrow
- 2011-08-07: Motorola Xoom update brings SD card support
- 2011-06-22: Motorola XOOM receives Android 3.1 update in Europe
- 2011-06-05: Motorola XOOM hits new highs with 1.7GHz clock speed