With everybody on a high speed internet connection these days, people are filling up their hard drives with gigabytes of files on a daily basis and it’s no surprise if everybody craves for more space. Seagate has just introduced a new Barracuda XT 3TB hard drive to meet those cravings. The company has just introduced the world’s first high density 3.5″ hard disk drive that features 1TB of data per platter.
The Barracuda desktop hard drive will come with 3TBs of storage on 3 disk platters, which should be enough to store: 120 HD movies, 1,500 video games, thousands of photos or virtually countless hours of digital music. For those of you who don’t need that much space, the drive will also come in capacities of 2TB, 1.5TB, and 1TB. No word on pricing or release dates at the moment, but stay tuned.
Next Story: Altec Lansing Orbit USB Stereo now on sale
- 2014-04-07 Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2014-02-14 WD My Cloud Review (2TB Model)
- 2014-01-07 Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-05 LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05 Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2011-11-01 Seagate Barracuda Drives Updated, Streamlined
- 2011-10-13 Rumor: 5TB Seagate hard drives on their way
- 2011-04-05 Seagate GoFlex Slim Drive: the world's slimmest, portable, external hard drive
- 2010-05-24 Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive writes new chapter in storage
- 2010-12-14 Seagate Barracuda Green hard drive now available