After months since Sony Ericsson officially announced the world’s first Android gaming smartphone, we’ll finally be able to get our hands on the device on this side of the world. Sony Ericsson’s long awaited Xperia Play is now up for order on Verizon’s website.
In case you’ve been living under a rock all this while and thinking to yourself, “huh? Aren’t all Android phones capable of playing games?” Well, not every Android phone comes with a slide-out gamepad (the Xperia Play is still the only Android phone with a slide-out gamepad at this point in time), comes preloaded with high-quality Android games, and a dedicated app store.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play comes with a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon SoC, a 4″ touchscreen, Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box, 7 preloaded games and the usual WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. If the idea of replacing your current PSP and old phone with a 2-in-1 device sounds like a great idea, the Xperia Play could be the phone for you.
So if you’ve been waiting all year to get the phone, order it online today, and if you’re lucky you might just get it in the mail tomorrow. The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play will cost $199.99 with a 2-year contract on Verizon.RELATED
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- iFruit App For Windows Phone 8 Now Available
- King Of Fighters 97 Hit The Android Scene
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Follow: Android, official, playstation phone, sony ericsson, Verizon, videogames, xperia play,