After months since Sony Ericsson officially announced the world’s first Android gaming smartphone, we’ll finally be able to get our hands on the device on this side of the world. Sony Ericsson’s long awaited Xperia Play is now up for order on Verizon’s website.
In case you’ve been living under a rock all this while and thinking to yourself, “huh? Aren’t all Android phones capable of playing games?” Well, not every Android phone comes with a slide-out gamepad (the Xperia Play is still the only Android phone with a slide-out gamepad at this point in time), comes preloaded with high-quality Android games, and a dedicated app store.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play comes with a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon SoC, a 4″ touchscreen, Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box, 7 preloaded games and the usual WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. If the idea of replacing your current PSP and old phone with a 2-in-1 device sounds like a great idea, the Xperia Play could be the phone for you.
So if you’ve been waiting all year to get the phone, order it online today, and if you’re lucky you might just get it in the mail tomorrow. The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play will cost $199.99 with a 2-year contract on Verizon.
Next Story: Playboy bares all online
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-04-01: Full Lineup of Xperia Play Games Unveiled, Global Launch Imminent
- 2011-03-22: Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play to Drop on Verizon in Mid-April
- 2011-03-08: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available on eBay
- 2011-02-09: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to arrive on Verizon?