It seems that folks living in Aotearoa (Land of the Long White Cloud), otherwise better known as New Zealand, will have to wait a little bit longer if they have been holding out for a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play – the reason behind that? A shipment of that smartphone has been stolen no thanks to a major security breach, and the authorities are hard at work trying to track down the latest Sony Ericsson gaming smartphone even as you read this. Vodafone New Zealand, the mobile operator carrying the handset has tried to keep things under wraps, notifying only its customers via its official Facebook page, and has posted the following message with a very small image of a damaged Vodafone store :-
[Vodafone New Zealand regrets] to advise the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY launch will be delayed due to a major security breach. The launch shipment of phones has been stolen.
Vodafone is right now the biggest operator in New Zealand, and it still remains to be seen how the devices were stolen, and to what extent the shipment of devices were affected. What we do know is this – Xperia Play games are not selling well at the moment.
- 2013-03-01 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13 Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04 Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-09-22 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread brings HD video recording to Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
- 2011-09-08 AT&T releases Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G
- 2011-07-12 Sony Ericsson Xperia Play hands-on
- 2011-06-27 Xperia Play Review
- 2011-06-10 Sony Ericsson Xperia Play going for just $0.01 on Amazon Wireless