First we heard that the Sony Next Generation Portable (Sony NGP for short) might actually see some of its innards getting slashed in terms of specifications so that it can compete with Nintendo’s 3DS handheld console in terms of price (or at least, bring it closer to a similar range), and now there is another rumor to accompany the yet unreleased device. It seems that word on the grapevine has it that the Sony NGP might actually be called the PlayStation Vita, where Vita being known as “life” in Latin – perfectly reasonable, don’t you think so?
In addition, another strong point to back up such a rumor would be the psvita.com domain that features the same technical contact as psp.com, Sony. No idea on whether this rumor can be substantiated before Sony’s E3 keynote this coming June 6th, but we will find out as long as we cling to the virtue of patience.
It is speculated that the Sony NGP will sell for around $250 to $300 for the cheapest model. Just how much are you willing to fork out for a device like this?
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-02-04 PlayStation Vita 'Ice Silver' Edition Launched In Asia
- 2011-11-23 First tweet from PlayStation Vita
- 2011-11-16 Official PlayStation Vita carrying case gets a 7 minute video
- 2011-08-17 Sony PlayStation Vita RAM won't be reduced
- 2011-08-09 PlayStation Vita up for pre-ordering on Amazon and Best Buy