The BlackBerry PlayBook from Sprint does seem to be shaping up to be a cursed device of sorts, as an internal document that was procured by BriefMobile do point towards the scrapping of its purported May 8th launch date, with dealers been told to hold off from selling the beleaguered tablet device until further notification (and with that, a subsequent date, of course). Too bad said date was not mentioned in the internal document.
This is quite a blow to those who still hold out hope for the BlackBerry, since Sprint did mention that the PlayBook would become available sometime during the summer back in March, and there does not seem to be any hardware defects or software issues that plague the tablet, so why bother to delay its release? Heck, if there was anything wrong with the PlayBook in the first place, would they even have given it out for free to every participant at the BlackBerry World 2011 keynote?
Perhaps, Sprint might also be working on rolling out a 10.1″ version of the PlayBook, hence this temporary hiccup. What do you think?RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry playbook, delay, playbook, Sprint,
- Seen at: gottabemobile