Whispers on the street have it that Sprint might be looking into adopting yet another smartphone from Verizon Wireless, and said phone in question would be the Motorola Droid X 2. Of course, Sprint will not carry a similar name with the Droid X 2, as they seemed to have settled on the name “Photon 4G” instead. After all, little birds have chirped that the Photon model name that was leaked back in April will be from Motorola, sporting a qHD resolution display, a dual-core Tegra 2 processor, as well as a similar screen size as that of the Droid X 2 – we’re talking about 4.3″ of viewing goodness here.
If the above proves to be true, it means only one thing – Verizon Wireless is on the verge of losing its exclusivity of Motorola handsets Stateside. For the moment though, the best anyone and everyone can do is to sit down and remain patient until further news/leaks occur.
It won’t be long before images of the Sprint Photon 4G will be released or leaked, and to know that the Photon 4G does WiMAX networking compared to the Droid X 2′s support for 3G on Verizon’s CDMA/EV-DO network ought to help nudge you to the right purchase decision.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2011-07-13 Motorola PHOTON 4G price and release date announced
- 2011-06-09 PHOTON 4G is Motorola's first 4G phone for Sprint
- 2011-04-12 Sprint Motorola Xoom – WiFi-only first followed by WiMAX 4G version
- 2011-03-18 Sprint Motorola Xoom pictured
- 2011-03-17 Motorola Atrix and Xoom rumored to land on Sprint