Great news for users of the LG G2x: T-Mobile has announced that it will be releasing the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) update for the phone this summer. But before that, they will also be releasing a software fix for the G2x that should address the random restart and shutdown issues that a small number of G2x owners have been facing according to a report from PCMag.
As we learnt earlier this week, the phone is one hot selling device, with retail outlets having issues keeping the phone in stock instead of the rumored recalls due to problems. Let’s just hope that T-Mobile doesn’t forget about its G2 users who are looking forward to Gingerbread as well. After all it runs on stock Android, and it’s been out longer than the G2x.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2011-08-04: myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-28: T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26: T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-07-18: LG Optimus 3D to get 2D to 3D conversion for apps with Gingerbread
- 2011-07-08: T-Mobile G2x to receive Gingerbread update soon