The Nexus S 4G from Sprint might be relatively new to the smartphone market, but that does not mean it comes updated with all of the latest software releases, right? Well, the smartphone has already been on the receiving end of a minor OTA (Over The Air – that means you need not go to a website, download an installation file or package of sorts, connect your smartphone to the computer and run installation from there, no sir, all it takes is the phone will automatically download the file and run it when done) maintenance update to push the software version to GRJ22. Sprint says that the update will boast of several enhancements such as improved performance and device security, international roaming with Google Voice, and tags application when using between two Nexus S devices.
For those who have yet to receive an update notification, you might want to manually check it out by heading Menu -> Settings ->About Phone -> System Updates->Update Firmware (or Android).
Nice to see Sprint and Google release fixes so soon after the device’s launch. It isn’t so often that we see something like this happening, so when it does, it is more than a welcome sign.RELATED
- Magic Cube Could Be Xiaomi's Modular Smartphone Concept
- LG Has Sold 2.3 Million LG G2 Units So Far
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Designer Alessandro Savelli Unveils $57,000 Android Smartphone
- CyanogenMod To Include Text Encryption Feature
- Follow: Google, nexus, nexus s, nexus s 4g, Sprint, update,
- Seen at: androidcentral