Toshiba is still in the netbook game (after all, there is money to be made there) what with their latest model, the NB520 arriving in Europe. What makes the Toshiba NB520 stand out from the rest of the crowd? Well, we are looking at the built-in harman/kardon speakers that is literally and figuratively music to your ears, with initial reports pointing out that they do sound rather good – albeit the speakers are located on a rather strange location – the palm rest, so expect the tunes to be muffled a bit whenever you are busy typing away.
The Toshiba NB520 is also slated to deliver up to 10 hours of run time, which is more than decent by today’s standards and deserves a special commendation – assuming the 10 hours include using a netbook as normal instead of leaving it in on corner, turned on and yet not being used.
Other hardware specifications include an Intel 1.5GHz Atom N550 processor, 1GB RAM, a 250GB hard drive, a 10″ display and Windows 7 Starter Edition as the operating system of choice. No idea on when it will arrive Stateside, never mind that it was unveiled in December last year. Perhaps we will keep an eye out at the FCC, aye?
Next Story: Apple to drop Intel processors?
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2010-12-29: Toshiba NB550D takes the AMD route
- 2010-04-26: Toshiba NB305 netbook gets new N455 Atom processor
- 2010-06-14: Toshiba GuideBook offers dual 7-inch displays
- 2010-06-15: Toshiba NB250 netbook surprisingly has full sized keyboard
- 2010-06-24: Toshiba NB255 netbook does not come with DDR3 RAM