Toshiba’s 10″ Android Honeycomb-powered tablet know as the Thrive is now available for pre-order over at J&R in its 8GB and 32GB iterations. As at press time, they have yet to be yanked down from the site – not unlike the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 which was put up for a while before it was removed. No product images were featured on J&R though, so there isn’t anything concrete on that front just yet. As for pricing details, head on after the jump to find out more.
The Toshiba Thrive will be priced similar to what Newegg listed last month – with the 8GB model going for $449, while the 32GB model will cost slightly more than a Benjamin for that at $579 – not too shabby considering you get four times the amount of storage space. There is no 16GB model advertised just yet, so we could very well be looking at the $500 sweet spot for tablets at the moment. No idea on whether the Toshiba Thrive will arrive at the end of summer, but with the Japanese model rolling out soon, keep your fingers crossed.
Hardware specifications of the Toshiba Thrive include a dual core 1GHz Tegra 2 processor, a “wide viewing angle” 1,280 x 800 display, a 2-megapixel camera on the front with a 5-megapixel version at the back with auto focus, Bluetooth 3.0+ and Wi-Fi connectivity, an SD memory card reader, HDMI and USB 2.0 support.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2011-09-27: Toshiba unveils Thrive 7" Tablet
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan
- 2011-04-19: Toshiba Thrive tablet spotted