The official Twitter client 2.0 for BlackBerry phones has finally graduated from the beta testing phase to join the ranks of full version Twitter clients available on the platform. After spending a couple of weeks in the beta zone, it looks like RIM thinks it’s ready for prime time. The Twitter for BlackBerry app will be released in the BlackBerry App World within the next 24 hours.
The new version of Twitter for BlackBerry has got an improved UI which features simplified navigation, faster searching capabilities, a re-designed navigation bar, and a new compose tweet button that lets you create a new tweet from anywhere in the app. The search function has also been improved, letting users search tweets, people, trends and saved searches from the same location. For those on BlackBerry OS 6, the updated app will also incorporate relevant Twitter results in the Universal Search.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-09-06: BlackBerry App World 3.0 officially released
- 2011-06-03: BlackBerry Mobile Conference out of beta
- 2011-04-15: Official Twitter client for BlackBerry updated
- 2011-04-11: BlackBerry Traffic app updated
- 2011-03-21: BlackBerry App World updated to version 22.214.171.124.