There hasn’t been a lot of news related to Sony’s NGP or its games, but here’s at least something to hold down Uncharted fans. According to an interview conducted by Gameblog.fr with Naughty Dog, Uncharted NGP‘s storyline will take place between that of the first and second Uncharted games on PSP. Uncharted fans will recall that there are unexplained story gaps between the first two, and hopefully this the NGP version will clear things up a bit.
Naughty Dog’s co-president Christophe Balestra says that the game will likely have some method of connectivity with Uncharted 3 on PlayStation 3. Gameplay will reportedly also be tailor made to support “short bursts” of gaming – a vibe that is better suited for portable gaming.
It’s important to remember that Naughty Dog is not developing Uncharted NGP, but Sony Bend, the developers behind the portable Resistance: Retribution for PSP is. Hopefully, we’ll learn more info about Uncharted NGP come E3.
UPDATE: Balestra clarified things up a bit. Uncharted NGP is actually just a prequel to the first Uncharted PS3 game.
- 2011-09-30: Uncharted 3 encourages you to eat at Subway for early game access
- 2011-08-17: Sony PlayStation Vita RAM won't be reduced
- 2011-08-09: PlayStation Vita up for pre-ordering on Amazon and Best Buy
- 2011-06-06: PS Vita will almost certainly be the NGP's new name
- 2011-06-02: Sony shows off NGP in videos
- 2011-06-02: Tons of NGP/PS Vita screens leak out ahead of E3
- 2011-05-30: Sony NGP to be called PlayStation Vita?
- 2011-05-27: Sony NGP might be gimped before release
- 2011-04-23: Will Resistance use the NGP's camera to pick up weapons?
- 2011-03-30: PS3 Game Franchises Tossed to New Devs for NGP Editions