Everybody’s jumping onto the 4G bandwagon these days, and the latest carrier to make the leap is US Cellular. The carrier has officially announced that they will be launching their 4G LTE service this year, just in time for the holiday season. US Cellular will be teaming up with King Street Wireless to deliver the high-speed data service on their network, entering the carrier into the 4G league that’s currently dominated by the big players on the market.
The initial rollout will occur in the following cities: Iowa, Wisconsin, Maine, North Carolina, Texas and Oklahoma so those of you living in those states, and thinking of upgrading to 4G this year, you’re in for a treat. US Cellular also mentioned that they will be introducing new 4G-enabled devices along with the network’s deployment, and will continue adding more phones (and possibly tablets) as the coverage grows as well. No mention of what devices they will be, but we can’t wait to find out.RELATED
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released
- Ubuntu Touch OS Finally Has Its First Smartphone Partner
- Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Moto Maker Will Be Launched In Latin America Next Year
- Follow: 4g, lte, us cellular,