Wow, it looks like Verizon customers were really looking forward to get their hands on Big Red’s first Windows Phone 7 device. The HTC Trophy that was launched today, has now been reported to be on the backorder list in Verizon online stores as well as Amazon.com. Apparently if you head over to Verizon’s online store now, the HTC Trophy will be listed as temporarily out of stock. Who would’ve thought that a WP7 device would sell out in just a few hours?
While it wasn’t confirmed by Verizon, could the sell-out be because it’s the only WP7 device available from the carrier? Or did Verizon predict the phone not to sell so well they decided to keep less of it in stock? Either way, selling out the HTC Trophy on the first day is definitely a sign of good news for HTC, Microsoft and Verizon. Though not so much for the folks who were denied the chance to buy one today. How many of you managed to snag yourselves a HTC Trophy before it sold out?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2011-05-19 HTC Trophy officially announced on Verizon
- 2011-04-30 Verizon employees receiving Windows Phone 7 training, WP7 launch imminent?
- 2011-03-04 More Verizon HTC Trophy images surface, arriving in June?
- 2011-02-28 Verizon HTC Trophy spotted
- 2010-11-15 Verizon Wireless to offer HTC Trophy from next year onwards