We know that Verizon has just put up the the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for sale, but there are already reports trickling in that those who have placed pre-orders prior to today will be receiving their new gaming-centric smartphones earlier than expected – since Verizon is suspected to have shipped these pre-orders already. Guess it was quite smart of Verizon to state the latest shipping date being May 25th – at least it gives them a buffer period just in case anything untoward happens and shipments are delayed.
Some who placed pre-orders for the CDMA version of the Xperia Play have alleged to have received email notifications that their latest handsets are already en route to their doorsteps via FedEx. Since there is no tracking information to double confirm, it could very well be that these notifications represent Verizon creating the delivery order in FedEx’s system, making this an open ended speculation.
Give or take a week, the world will still continue (unless it ends this coming May 21st) as you await with bated breath for your latest smartphnone.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2011-09-22: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread brings HD video recording to Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-05-24: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play retails for just $99.99 on Amazon pre-order
- 2011-05-17: Verizon to release Sony Ericsson Xperia Play smartphone
- 2011-02-09: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to arrive on Verizon?