Our friends living over at New Zealand won’t be too happy to know that their shipment of Xperia Play smartphones has been stolen recently without getting tracked down in the process, but as for folks who reside Stateside, you need not despair at all. Verizon Wirelss has already finalized their plans to sell Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play Android smartphone when May 26th rolls around.
The Xperia Play is touted to be the PlayStation Phone, and while it has been out for some time already in the overseas market, it has yet to make any headway in the US – not at least until now. Good thing you will not get Android 2.2 Froyo right out of the box, but rather, Android 2.3 Gingerbread with seven games preloaded to keep you entertained right from the get go. Hopefully titles such as Madden NFL 11, Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, The Sims 3, Star Battalion, Crash Bandicoot, and Tetris will appeal to you, otherwise there is always a dedicated handheld console like the Nintendo 3DS or Sony PSP.
It seems that the games for the Xperia Play have not been doing too well sales-wise, but hopefully that situation will change in the future. How many of you are willing to fork out $199.99 for the Xperia Play with a two-year contract?
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2011-09-22: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread brings HD video recording to Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-05-24: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play retails for just $99.99 on Amazon pre-order
- 2011-05-19: Verizon shipped pre-ordered Xperia Plays?
- 2011-02-09: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to arrive on Verizon?