It’s been a long time coming, but it’s finally here. WebMD, one of the most popular websites on the internet about health has just released a mobile app for the Android operating system. After being available on the iPhone since 2008, iPad since 2010 and being downloaded over 5 million times, it’s now available on Google’s mobile OS.
Instead of providing entertainment like almost every app out there, WebMD is an app that helps consumers in their decision-making and health improvements by providing 24/7 access to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools. These include WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD for Android also takes advantage of its voice search capabilities by including the feature in the app.
While health conscious people are definitely going to be downloading the app, any regular Android user should have it on their phone too – just in case of an unexpected event. You never know when it might come in handy. Download the free app from the Android Market now.
- ReSound LiNX Is The First "Made For iPhone" Hearing Aid
- AFDetect App Lets You Check For Erratic Heartbeats
- Texting In Sweden Can Help Those Suffering From Cardiac Arrest
- Doctor Visits Can Now Be Done On iOS, Android Devices For Only $49
- Smartphone Eye Exam Kit Developed To Help People In Remote Locations