Remember our previous report about the white iPhone 4 being thicker than the black version? Well, those stories have been debunked by Consumer Reports, the magazine known for not recommending the iPhone 4 to consumers due to the phone’s antenna issues.
According to the measurements they made using digital calipers – the white and black iPhone both have identical thicknesses of 0.37mm. But what about photographic evidence provided previously? Well there can be a few possible explanations – there might have been a couple of abnormalities with the build quality of the device – after all not every phone can be perfect, and some unlucky people happened to pick them. The case in question could also have been a defective version that was too tight. Consumer Reports has also mentioned they’ve tested the white iPhone 4 with multiple cases and found no problems.
I guess that puts an end to the myth about the white iPhone 4 being a tad thicker. Has anyone experienced any problems with getting their white iPhone 4 into a case?
Next Story: Nintendo AR games work on the skin too
- 2014-03-11 iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05 iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21 Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-05-02 White iPhone 4 Nano clone spotted in China
- 2011-04-29 White iPhone 4 sells like hot cakes
- 2011-04-29 White iPhone 4 slightly thicker than black iPhone 4
- 2011-04-27 Apple says creating the white iPhone 4 was difficult
- 2011-04-27 White iPhone 4 goes on sale tomorrow