Remember our previous report about the white iPhone 4 being thicker than the black version? Well, those stories have been debunked by Consumer Reports, the magazine known for not recommending the iPhone 4 to consumers due to the phone’s antenna issues.
According to the measurements they made using digital calipers – the white and black iPhone both have identical thicknesses of 0.37mm. But what about photographic evidence provided previously? Well there can be a few possible explanations – there might have been a couple of abnormalities with the build quality of the device – after all not every phone can be perfect, and some unlucky people happened to pick them. The case in question could also have been a defective version that was too tight. Consumer Reports has also mentioned they’ve tested the white iPhone 4 with multiple cases and found no problems.
I guess that puts an end to the myth about the white iPhone 4 being a tad thicker. Has anyone experienced any problems with getting their white iPhone 4 into a case?RELATED
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Follow: iphone 4, white,
- Seen at: wired