If you can’t wait to get your hands on the upcoming version of Windows Phone 7, Mango on your WP7 device, we can’t help you there. But for those of you who don’t mind just trying out an emulation of the operating system on your computer, good news. The folks over at XDA-developers have managed to extract the Windows Phone 7.1 Build 7629 Mango ROM from the SDK emulator image. While they haven’t been able to get it working with an emulator yet, they’re working on the problem right now and should have a solution soon. But this means we’re one step closer to experiencing Mango before its official release.
The WP7 Mango update brings new features to the OS such as Windows Live integration, updated live tiles to support LinkedIn and Twitter, updated Bing Maps (with turn by turn) and much more. It is reported to bring 500 new features to the operating system, so it’s something for all WP7 users to look forward to when it drops late summer/early fall.
Head over to XDA-developers for more details on the Windows Phone 7 Mango ROM.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: emulator, leak, mango, Microsoft, rom, windows phone 7, wp7, xda developers,
- Seen at: softsailor