If there was a perfect embodiment of what form over function is, this retro-style wooden iPhone 4 dock would fit the bill. Jonas Damon, a designer has recently crafted a beautiful iPhone 4 dock made from nothing but beach wood that serve no purpose beyond holding your iPhone 4 in place while it tells you the time.
If you need your iPhone 4 to act as an alarm clock by your bedside table and want something more stylish than a regular stand, these docks are perfect. Featuring no ports to keep your phone charged or even a connection to amplify the sound from the iPhone 4′s speakers, the docks are as useful as a dictionary on your bedside table to prop your phone against. Oh it does come with a free app to turn your iPhone into a retro clock that has flipping numbers, and that’s about it.
The iPhone 4 Alarm Dock is available for pre-order now at $39.50 each. Granted it does look great and does what it was intended to do pretty well, but would it have killed the designer to just include at the very least a 30-pin connector for folks to charge their phones with? What do you think of such docks, and would you purchase one for yourself?RELATED
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Follow: alarm, iphone 4, retro,
- Seen at: geek