It looks like everybody is doing something to help out Japan recover from their recent disasters. Earlier today we had Pentax’s Hope For Japan relief fund, and now Blizzard has just joined in, taking advantage of its 12 million+ subscribers on World of Warcraft. The company has released a new pet called the Cenarion Hatchling in the pet store, with 100% of the funds going to the American Red Cross’s Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief efforts. The $10 cosmetic enhancement won’t make you the next battleground champion, but will help you stand out from the crowd and show everyone on WoW that you contributed to the relief.
The Cenarion Hatchling is the twin of a rare Hippogryph Hatchling pet that players could encounter in the WoW trading card game set – Heroes of Azeroth. The buy a Cenarion Hatchling donation will last until July 31 this year.
Next Story: Logitech TV Cam for Skype
- 2014-04-17: Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2011-11-10: World of Warcraft: almost a million subscribers lost last quarter
- 2011-10-24: Pandas to invade World of Warcraft
- 2011-10-21: World of Warcraft annual pass promotion gives you Diablo 3 for free
- 2011-10-17: Blizzard auctions off original World of Warcraft server blades
- 2011-08-04: Mists of Pandaria is next World of Warcraft expansion?