According to the folks at Joystiq, we might be seeing a major update to the Xbox 360 in a couple of weeks. They recently got their hands on a leaked internal document from Microsoft concerning a big update for the Xbox 360. The document puts down the update’s release date from May 19 through May 30. But the update will be rolled out in 6 groups, so it won’t be reaching everybody at the same time.
What does the update bring? Firstly Xbox 360 users will have the ability to use Paypal for their transactions – to purchase points, content, and subscription for their gaming console. The update will also introduce the Xbox Game Disc Format (XGD3) that allows the console to read the larger disc format that will be adopted for Xbox 360 games later this year. Avatar Kinect is also listed as a feature that will be arriving on May 27 as a separate download.
Granted, nobody is forced to do so, but how many users feel comfortable giving their gaming networks/consoles access to their credit card/Paypal details especially after all the recent mishaps with the PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment servers?
Next Story: ESPN Live TV streaming app arrives on Android
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA