Yahoo! might not be the giant that it once was in the dot-com world, but it is still a force to be reckoned with, and it isn’t strange to see Yahoo! Messenger for the iPad announced – letting iPad owners in on the Yahoo! action as well, since there is already an iPhone app available. With this new app, you can do much more than instant messaging – in fact, you are also able to make voice and video calls to your extensive list of contacts.
These voice and video calls to your Messenger friends will be free, and best of all is, there is no need to worry on what kind of machine they’re using – as long as they’re connected to Yahoo! Messenger on a Windows PC, Android phone, iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, they are still able to enjoy such benefits (video calls where applicable, of course – it won’t work if your device lacks a front-facing camera or its equivalent).
To make Yahoo! Messenger for iPad more accessible, it is capable of supporting nine different languages including English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, and Romanian – that ought to cover plenty of ground, although Arabic might be worth looking into next time.
Next Story: Google Places provides better content access
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2010-03-27: Yahoo iPad App Screenshots Surface