These couple of days has somehow been all about milestones. Samsung TV app store hitting 5 million downloads, Instagram users uploading 10 photos per second, and Apple with a rumored 500,000 apps approved for the App Store. Well to add one more achievement to the list we have YouTube.
YouTube has announced that they’ve not reached 3 billion views a day – a 50% increase over last year. In addition to the increase in music of YouTube users, there has also been an increase in the amount of content uploaded. Every minute, over 48 hours worth of video is being uploaded to the internet. The minute or so you took for you to read this article could have spawned the next five viral videos on the service.
What a long way the service has come, since its launch 6 years ago. Happy birthday YouTube!
Next Story: Minecraft is coming to the Xperia Play
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed
- Paramount Wants Twitter To Remove Top Gun Movie Tweets