I am not a big fan of first-person-shooter games such as Call of Duty, since it make me feel killing real people (the graphics are too realistic) but this toy is fun and the game demoed in the video features really cool virtual creatures. The appBlaster, known as the appGun during its development by AppToyz, combine a plastic gun toy, an iPhone or iPod Touch and augmented reality, it lets gamers play an AR FPS game, check out the video, it is hilarious.
The triggers operate two pads that touch the screen and shoot the in-game gun, letting the gamer to use both the primary and secondary gun functions.The gun can be cocked and reloaded using the iPhone’s/iPod touch’s motion sensitivity, and it does not need any batteries: it uses the trigger-to-touch-screen technology to fire the in-game gun.
AppBlaster will be available first at the Red 5 concession in Selfridges London for £19.99, from 6 July and www.red5.co.uk from 7 July.
Next Story: Dolby announces 3D Kids' Glasses
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2013-06-27: Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-06-17: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-06-14: Microsoft Office Available On iPhone; Requires Office 365 Subscription
- 2013-05-24: iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices