According to the latest rumors by Taiwanese industry insiders – DigiTimes, ASUS has got another ARM-powered laptop up its sleeves. This time, it’s a larger 13″ device that is said to be priced even more competitively than the Eee Pad Transformer. The laptop is said to be packin an NVIDIA processor – hinted to be the quad-core ARM SoC that is due for later this year, Kal-El. The laptop is also said to be running on the Android operating system, though there’s no word on whether it will feature a touchscreen. DigiTimes also reports that ASUS won’t be the only one onboard with ARM-based laptops, with Samsung, Toshiba, and Acer hopping on the bandwagon as well.
The prices for these upcoming devices have been touted to cost under $299. This is great news for people who have been planning to get a cheap laptop but haven’t decided on which one to get yet – you might have an even larger selection to choose from at the end of year. Stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 patch arriving next week
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2012-01-12: Fujitsu shows off prototype Tegra 3 quad-core phone
- 2011-12-05: ASUS Padfone to come shipped with NVIDIA's Tegra 3 instead
- 2011-11-30: ASUS Transformer Prime gets official release date for 8th of December (Updated)
- 2011-11-22: ASUS Transformer Prime now up for pre-order
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released