It is said that those who purchase spanking new iPhone 4s at Apple retail stores might soon be provided with an AT&T version which is unlocked on the spot – assuming the Apple retail store runs out of the unlocked model, of course. This more or less points toward the suggestion that Apple boasts the capability of unlocking the AT&T version of the iPhone 4, at least according to 9to5 Mac. To put it in a nutshell, if an Apple retail stores actually runs out of unlocked iPhone 4 units, all they need to do is pick up an AT&T iPhone and the checkout system, followed by unlocking the device assuming you fork out the full, unsubsidized price.
It must be said that all the while Apple had sold iPhones in the US sans contract at full retail price in the past, they were authorized to sell AT&T-locked iPhone units, but with a slightly revamped retail system now, things are changed – for the better, do you think so? If this move continues, Apple is able to stock less models of the iPhone going forward, so that they need not have to maintain inventories for each individual model, regardless of whether they’re locked or unlocked.
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-08-22: iPhone 4, I choose you!
- 2012-04-10: AT&T unlocks smartphones for servicemen
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-12-22: iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2010-08-04: iPhone 4 Ultrasn0w Carrier Unlock Released