For those of you who’ve been clamoring to get your hands on Barnes & Noble’s new NOOK eReader, you’re in luck. The company has just announced that it has started shipping the new NOOK yesterday, getting the pre-ordered devices to customers well ahead of schedule.
The NOOK The Simple Touch Reader was introduced last week and is touted to be the easiest-to-use, most intuitive eReader available, with a battery life of up to 2 months on a single charge. With over 2 million books, magazines and newspapers available from the NOOK store, you can be sure that it’ll be sometime before you run out of things to read.
Barnes & Noble has also reminds us that new orders for the NOOK will ship immediately, in time for Father’s Day which is just a few weeks away. So for those of you who haven’t bought anything for daddy and have no idea what to get – the new NOOK The Simple Touch Reader might be the right gift – I mean, who doesn’t want a free eReader anyway right? It is on sale now for $139. Head over to the NOOK website for more details. Check out our first impressions of the NOOK The Simple Touch Reader as well.
- 2014-03-13 Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26 Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10 Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09 Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2011-11-18 Barnes & Noble announces first four NOOK First authors
- 2011-06-30 Barnes & Noble wants to help kick start your NOOK book collection
- 2011-05-17 Barnes & Noble sends out invitation for a special event next week
- 2010-10-26 Nook Color just announced
- 2010-10-27 Nook Color Preview