Everybody’s going green these days, and it seems that even the caped crusader is too. DC Comics recently commissioned an ex Formula 1 car designer Gordon Murray to come up with a new Batmobile for the Batman Live stage show. The result? An environmental-friendly Batmobile that runs on Hydrogen (if you look past the afterburner that you don’t have to use all the time…)
Gordon Murray decided to go for the more realistic approach with the design of the vehicle, applying his knowledge of F1 cars to create a vehicle that looks like it could work in the real world… except for the virtual wheels the car is supposed to have. Other features include: front-mounted lasers, sonar, and loads of LEDs to impress people.
Hit the break to watch a video demonstration of the Batmobile or if you’re in Europe/UK, you can check it out live if the Batman Live show comes to your part of town.
- 2014-02-09: Batman: Arkham Origins DLC To Be Prioritized Over Bug Fixes
- 2013-12-12: Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- 2013-12-09: If Batman Loved Golf...
- 2013-11-04: Make-A-Wish Foundation Wants To Turn San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- 2013-07-15: Hydrogen Powered Cardboard Race Car
- 2013-04-05: Plants Used To Generate Hydrogen For Safe And Clean Energy
- 2012-08-15: Batman's Tumbler vehicle gets reimagined as an F1 racing car
- 2011-08-31: Alloy could create inexpensive hydrogen
- 2011-06-17: Batmobile: now hydrogen-powered
- 2011-05-24: Microreactor turns fossil fuels into pure hydrogen