Here is the clearest sign yet that Apple’s MacBook Air will be getting a refresh – after all, online retailer BestBuy.com has already halted shipment of its MacBook Air models as you can see above. This is compounded by rumors in recent months that newer MacBook Airs coupled with Sandy Bridge processors are already on the way (and subsequently, all new notebooks too will run on the Sandy Bridge platform). In fact, all four of the current MacBook Air models are now unavailable for shipping.
Best Buy has already begun to place “DUMMY SKUs” in their system before a refresh arrives, and while they are normally not informed of the precise release date until later on, you cannot say that they are unaware of incoming new hardware. In the same vein, the “not available for shipping” stance functions just like that.
Basically, this means iLife will no longer be available for shipping in the weeks before iLife ’11 is unveiled and released. Apart from that, some online readers have also claimed that “on bestbuy.co.uk you can only order to collect the 128GB MBA in store and it’s only in stock in a few stores. The other MBA’s are totally out of stock.”RELATED
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Analyst: iMacs With Intel Haswell Chips Expected In June/July
- Next-Gen Mac Pro To Be "Really Different"
- Follow: Apple Inc, best buy, bestbuy, macbook, mba, refresh,
- Seen at: 9to5mac