OK, so to introduce a new color to a particular device is nothing new – Nintendo has done it with their range of portable consoles since time immemorial, and with great success. Others have done so without experiencing a similar frenzy for demand, but when it comes to Apple products that have extremely limited color choices (apart from their iPod nano and shuffle, of course), so to hear whispers of a new color might just drive folks into a “must buy” mentality. Needless to say, a MacBook Air is a whole lot more expensive than a Nintendo 3DS, so it will be interesting to see whether people will purchase a second MacBook Air just because it will come in black – assuming, of course, that this rumor is true.
What do you think? History has shown that the white iPhone 4 which proved to be so elusive was also actually pretty popular when it arrived, so Apple has decided to take the reverse color option this time around – by being rumored to release a black MacBook Air instead.
This is just a rumor and nothing has been confirmed yet, but that doesn’t mean it won’t come true. As with all rumors, only time will tell whether it can be proven true or not. What do you think – will a new color actually boost the MacBook Air’s sales?RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Apple Inc, macbook,
- Seen at: appleinsider