In today’s world where we have wireless Bluetooth headsets, there really isn’t a need for wrist watch phones that were made popular in movies and comics of the past. But the novelty of speaking into a watch never seems to fade, and companies are constantly cashing in on the trend. Latest to join the party is the Burg 5 Watch.
All you have to do is plug a SIM card into the watch and you can make and receive calls with the phone. The numbers on the face of the watch are cleverly disguised as buttons along with buttons to pick up and dismiss calls. The phone’s battery lasts for about 60 minutes and has a built in speaker and microphone. No phone book for you though – every number you dial will have to be recalled from memory. And in case you want to be more discrete when using the phone watch, a headset can be plugged into the microUSB port (which is also used to charge the phone).
The Burg 5 is available in 5 different colors (blue, red, black, white, and pink) and will set you back $159 (£99.99). Watch the video demonstration after the break:
Next Story: Seagull shoots a video using a GoPro camera
- 2014-04-08: Bradley Timepiece Specially Designed For The Blind
- 2014-03-30: Victorinox Announces New Inox Watch
- 2014-03-10: HeadWatch Tells The Time, And Then Some
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-02-18: Classic Arcade Wristwatch Looks Cool
- 2011-06-03: The i'mWatch runs on Android
- 2011-06-01: New Motorola devices leaked in images
- 2010-03-23: Gold Kempler & Strauss W PhoneWatch At CTIA