After dominating North America and Europe, Call of Duty: Black Ops finally takes the crown home in the U.K. for the best selling video game of all time, defeating its closest rival Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Is Activision’s first-person shooter franchise unstoppable?
With a new “Annihilation” DLC map pack available on the Xbox 360 today, the game certainly doesn’t look like it’s running out of steam nearly a year later. In fact, with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 coming out this November 8, the Call of Duty franchise looks to be in a favorable position to remain at the top of the charts.
That doesn’t mean rivals aren’t trying to knock Call of Duty: Black Ops off it’s high perch. EA’s Battlefield 3 will arrive later this year as well and from the demos and videos we’ve seen, it might offer a grittier game with tighter controls than Call of Duty.
- 2013-08-08 Black Ops II: Origins Teaser Depict A Robot
- 2013-04-25 PC, PS3 To Get Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising This May 16th
- 2013-02-13 Revolution DLC For Call of Duty: Black Ops II Released
- 2012-12-05 Black Ops II Hits $1 Billion Milestone
- 2012-11-16 Black Ops 2 Earns $500 Million In A Day
- 2011-05-25 New Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 bundle arrives
- 2011-05-10 Call of Duty:Black Ops is more addictive than Facebook
- 2011-03-15 Call of Duty: Black Ops is the best selling game of all time in the US