After dominating North America and Europe, Call of Duty: Black Ops finally takes the crown home in the U.K. for the best selling video game of all time, defeating its closest rival Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Is Activision’s first-person shooter franchise unstoppable?
With a new “Annihilation” DLC map pack available on the Xbox 360 today, the game certainly doesn’t look like it’s running out of steam nearly a year later. In fact, with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 coming out this November 8, the Call of Duty franchise looks to be in a favorable position to remain at the top of the charts.
That doesn’t mean rivals aren’t trying to knock Call of Duty: Black Ops off it’s high perch. EA’s Battlefield 3 will arrive later this year as well and from the demos and videos we’ve seen, it might offer a grittier game with tighter controls than Call of Duty.RELATED
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Releasing Feb. 21 With Playable Cranky
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- Follow: activision, black ops, call of duty black ops, uk,
- Seen at: pcgamer