This year Activision has a pair of Call of Duty games for hardcore FPS gamers: Modern Warfare 3 and Elite. The latter, as you may have heard is a subscription-based online segment that will be fully integrated into Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops and will feature live running totals of statistics and tight connections to social networks. While initially received with very little fanfare (gamers erupted in anger at the subscription), over 2 million testers have already signed up to try it out – all in two weeks.
To put it all into perspective, Activision actually says that amongst 30 million Call of Duty players, 2 million is hardly a number to be boasting about, but is still impressive. So how many of you have decided to join Elite‘s beta testing round? Are you that big of a fan you’ll pay for the subscription (it’ll also be available with free features) when it lands in retail this fall?
Next Story: Nintendo not interested in "freemium" games
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2011-11-10: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 nearly 10 million copies sold on day one
- 2011-11-07: 6,000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stolen in France
- 2011-11-04: Leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 auction ends at $1,725
- 2011-11-03: Call of Duty: ELITE explained
- 2011-09-19: Call of Duty Elite PlayStation 3 beta launched