It can be said that Apple has been one of the more successful companies when it comes to keeping secrets of its upcoming devices, so much so that even the iPad and iPhone managed to remain under wraps for the most part even for hours before its official launch. Some companies intend to leverage inside knowledge of upcoming Apple products, such as Shenzhen MacTop Electronics Co., that its general manager Xiao Chengsong actually placed on the table nearly $3,000 (20,000 yuan) and discount on MacTop products in order to bribe former Foxconn employee Hou Pengna for insider information. Pengna contacted Lin Kecheng of Foxconn for images of the back cover of the iPad 2 from last September as a result, which was what MacTop required so that they could start designing cases for Apple’s tablet.
The long arm of the law caught up this time around with their shenanigans, where all offending parties were sentenced to at least a year in the slammer, with Xiao Chengsong’s sentence being the harshest at 18 months, coupled with a fine of $23,000 (150,000 yuan). As for Lin, he was sentenced to 14 months in prison and a $15,500 (100,000 yuan) fine.
Crime does not pay!RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Ultra Realistic Painting Of Morgan Freeman Done On The iPad Air
- Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- Follow: Apple Inc, china, leak,
- Seen at: online.wsj