It can be said that Apple has been one of the more successful companies when it comes to keeping secrets of its upcoming devices, so much so that even the iPad and iPhone managed to remain under wraps for the most part even for hours before its official launch. Some companies intend to leverage inside knowledge of upcoming Apple products, such as Shenzhen MacTop Electronics Co., that its general manager Xiao Chengsong actually placed on the table nearly $3,000 (20,000 yuan) and discount on MacTop products in order to bribe former Foxconn employee Hou Pengna for insider information. Pengna contacted Lin Kecheng of Foxconn for images of the back cover of the iPad 2 from last September as a result, which was what MacTop required so that they could start designing cases for Apple’s tablet.
The long arm of the law caught up this time around with their shenanigans, where all offending parties were sentenced to at least a year in the slammer, with Xiao Chengsong’s sentence being the harshest at 18 months, coupled with a fine of $23,000 (150,000 yuan). As for Lin, he was sentenced to 14 months in prison and a $15,500 (100,000 yuan) fine.
Crime does not pay!
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2013-04-22: Tech Companies Donate Money To Aid China's Earthquake Affectees
- 2012-12-31: Apple Guilty Of Copyright Infringement In China
- 2012-12-21: iOS 6 Increased Adoption Rate Due To China iPhone 5 Launch, Not Google Maps
- 2012-12-06: iPhone 5S leaked pics show slight difference to iPhone 5 [Rumor]
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?