In a surprising twist of events, it looks like we’ll have the iPhone 5 this year after all. And it will be packing 4G LTE radios. Of course, that’s if everything etisalat’s (a carrier in Dubai) Chief Corporate Communication Officer, Ali Al Ahmad, says is true. He was quoted as saying: “Yes, we are in talks with most smartphone manufacturers including Apple on the rollout of the 4G handset, iPhone 5 later this year. As the first telecom organization to roll out the 4G network, LTE, in the Middle East, we have already started talking to them for the handsets and chipsets in them.”
We’ve previously heard confirmation from Apple themselves that there won’t be any LTE iPhones this year, so this announcement contradicts what has been previously said before. This means etisalat doesn’t know it’s talking about or it could be leaking confidential information. Regardless of the validity of the statement, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Six more months until the end of the year, who knows what Apple has left in store for us?
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05: iPhone 5 Experiment goes on
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-08-29: More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak
- 2011-03-31: iPhone 5 to have LTE?