Zynga, the name behind the uber popular Facebook game Farmville, has just announced that they will be rolling out a spanking new title for the social networking site, calling it Empires & Allies. As the name suggests, you would know that this has something to do with war, and is definitely a departure from planting crops and raising farm animals, no?
Empires & Allies is a new real-time strategy (RTS) title that might be seen by some to be a cross between CityVille and Risk, and chances are it will do extremely well. Why do we say so? Well, the core production team comprises of developers who are experienced mainstream RTS folks, churning out series including the all famous Command & Conquer and The Lord of the Rings.
Expect this to be the new time waster in many peoples’ lives, and chances are quite high that bosses would loathe such a game to be released as it will most definitely affect productivity – unless Facebook is not allowed in the office, of course.
- 2014-04-17 Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-03-03 Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06 Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-09-27 Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-07-31 Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement
- 2013-01-17 Zynga Drops From Top Spot In Facebook Gaming To Candy Crush Saga
- 2012-07-30 Rumor: Facebook considering Zynga purchase
- 2012-01-26 Zynga goes for gold with Bingo on Facebook
- 2011-10-11 Zynga Launches New Games