It used to be “another day, another Apple rumor” but over the past few weeks, it’s been “another day, another hack”. And after the whole Sony phase, it looks like other companies are on the receiving end now. Last week, Codemasters was hacked for unmentioned reasons, and this week we’ve got the websites of Unreal creator – Epic Games, broken into.
The company recently sent out an email describing the situation: the web site and forum was hacked and email addresses and encrypted passwords could have been stolen. Since there’s a chance that the passwords could be decrypted, Epic Games isn’t taking any chances and has reset the passwords for everybody. Fortunately no store, credit card information or financial data was taken in the attack.
No word on who was behind the attack but you know it’s not going to be the last one anytime soon.
Next Story: HTC Flyer set to arrive at T-Mobile USA
- 2014-03-31: Obamacare Website Down For A While Before Enrollment Deadline
- 2014-03-20: No New Unreal Tournament Game In The Works
- 2014-01-27: Epic Games Partners With Staffordshire University To Help Provide Game Design Education
- 2013-04-19: Gears Of War: Judgment 'Call To Arms' Map Pack Available On April 23
- 2013-03-29: Gears Of War: Judgment Makes First Add-On Available Free For Limited Time
- 2013-03-19: Gears of War: Judgment Now Available Exclusively On Xbox 360
- 2011-08-09: RIM's website gets hacked over London riots
- 2011-06-16: BioWare hacked - 18,000 accounts compromised