If you have always wanted to have a go at World of Warcraft all this while, but never really got around doing so, now might be a good time to start. It seems that Blizzard is kicking off a brand new trial account system which will do away with the time limitations of the current free trial accounts. To put it in plain English, new players are able to play in an unrestricted manner up to level 20, before the game starts asking you to pay up.
Once you’ve done that, you can opt to “kill off” your character – or rather, ditch him/her and leave it at that, or pony up $20 that Blizzard asks so that you can continue losing sleep over the game. With the Burning Crusade expansion, you are able to touch level 70 while enjoying the Outlands area alongside the Blood Elf and Draenei races.
Blizzard has also come to a decision which might earn the ire of loyalists – the Burning Crusade expansion will be made completely free to those who has the game, but have yet to purchase the expansion. There will not be any compensation for those who have already bought the game prior to this, sorry. Will these developments cause you to take the World of Warcraft jump?
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-03-13: Warlords Of Draenor Will Be Released By The End Of The Year
- 2014-03-10: World Of Warcraft Movie Actor Feels Pressured
- 2011-11-10: World of Warcraft: almost a million subscribers lost last quarter
- 2011-10-21: World of Warcraft annual pass promotion gives you Diablo 3 for free
- 2011-10-17: Blizzard auctions off original World of Warcraft server blades
- 2011-08-04: Mists of Pandaria is next World of Warcraft expansion?
- 2010-12-28: Kinect hacked to let you play World of Warcraft sans keyboard