Earlier today there were rumors from Eldar Murtazin saying that the Android 3.1 version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 tablets in Europe would be delayed until August. With such a huge delay between the announcement of Android 3.1 and the arrival of the operating system on the tablets, obviously a lot of folks weren’t happy. After all, the Motorola Xoom already has the update, and Verizon is also supposedly releasing the Galaxy Tab 10.1 with LTE this summer, also packing Android 3.1.
Well, the folks over at BGR didn’t believe the rumors and decided to reach out to Google instead. And it seems that Google has confirmed to them that such rumors aren’t true. I guess it looks like the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 with Android 3.1 will be arriving on time after all. Then again, you’ll never know what “last minute changes” might pop up, so keep those fingers crossed for now – at least until you see those tablets in retail outlets. In the meantime, check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet.
Next Story: Samsung Infuse 4G Review
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15: Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2014-03-05: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Arriving This March 9
- 2014-02-11: Galaxy Tab 4 Specifications Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite Announced Officially
- 2011-06-10: Galaxy Tab 10.1 Google I/O edition gets Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- 2011-05-23: Android 3.1 Update: Coming to More Tablets in June
- 2011-05-10: Motorola XOOM updated to Android 3.1 today
- 2011-04-13: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 arriving in June
- 2011-03-22: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 promo material spotted